Re: radios

To: k.zariwny@worldnet.att.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: radios
From: BERKEN@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 23:19:36 EST
In a message dated 3/18/99 5:32:38 PM Mountain Standard Time,
k.zariwny@worldnet.att.net writes:

<< Hey Charles
 How to replace the stereo depends if you are a purist or not. If not, think
 about putting the stereo in the glove box. After my upright stereo croaked
 (may it rest in pieces) and after a year of singing to myself, I put an
 Alpine in the glove box. You are not restricted by space (which tends to
 reduce your choice of brands) but I also believe in the saying "outta sight
 out mind" and with the original stereo in its place and the Alpine in the
 glove box, I have yet to have anything stolen. (I probably just jinxed
 myself). Glove box installations are not usually recommended 'cause of the
 driver having to lean over just to fiddle with the controls, but as we all
 know the roadsters are SOOO huge that I doubt it would be a problem. And
 it's not.
 Put a nice trim plate and you are good to go!

 Kerry Z >>

I also have one in my glove box.  Had a CD player in there but it was stolen.
At least they didn't tear up the car getting it.  Have a tape player in there
now and it works fine.  Buy an under dash mount for it and put it in that.
Reaching it is NOT a problem in the roadster.  I had one in the dash of my 62
Mercedes 220S (fintail) all the way over on the right side and that was a
reach.

Joseph Berkenbile
70 1600
Albuquerque