Re: story and questions

To: <kiplinger@designsol.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: story and questions
From: "Fred Katz" <fredkatz@2xtreme.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 21:33:22 -0800
Ken, Great story!

That metal piece is the oil slinger, a rounded lipped steel piece that
keeps oil off of the front seal. It gets positioned to cover the seal when
the timing chain cover is on.

Good luck on the ball joints, I'll let the experts give the 'right'
answers! I spent hours getting my joints separated.

I think roadsteritis is like gambling. Once in a while you get a jackpot,
but you keep feeding the machine. Must be all the glitz and sounds! That's
why you have to join a support group. Seeing your friends go nuts keeps you
from going overboard!

Last year, I believe I had the trashiest roadster at Solvang. Painted
primer red, and hardly any interior to speak of. But I was extremely happy
to be there! You'll find it's an accomplishment just showing up with a
running roadster!

Fred - So. San Francisco

----------
> From: kiplinger@designsol.com
> To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
> Subject: story and questions
> Date: Wednesday, March 17, 1999 8:55 PM
>
> Hi everyone,
>      I have a story to tell and a few questions at the end. If you get
bored,
> please go to the end.

<snip>

>      WHERE DOES THE LITTLE METAL PIECE (thin steel washer???) ON THE
CRANKSHAFT
> PULLEY GO? It is keyed, and looks like a shaped washer. I put it on wrong
the
> first time, and it got chewed by the sprocket. I can't find it in any
manual
> including the on-line parts manual at roadster.org.
>      HOW CAN I PULL THE BALL JOINTS AND TIE ROD ENDS TO PUT ON THE BOOT
KIT