Track Time

To: "'Datsun Roadsters'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Track Time
From: "Ryan, Richard" <RRyan@frk.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 10:44:34 -0800
For anyone who wants to try a race track I recommend NASA (National Auto
Sport Assn.).  They run 15 to 20 events each year.  They run "drivers
schools" in conjunction with their races.  Their chapters include San Diego,
Virginia, San Francisco, LA, Indiana, and Phoenix.  In California they run
Buttonwillow, Willow Springs, Laguna Seca, Sears Point, and Thunderhill.

Their main URL is http://westcounty.com/nasa/  The main phone number is
510-232-nasa.

I have instructed with them for 6 or 7 years.  They do a good job and are
very safe.

One word about safety during a track day.  Don't ever forget your main goal
for the day.  It should be I WILL DRIVE MY CAR HOME AT THE END OF THE DAY
WITHOUT ANY DAMAGE.  If you want to race, get a race car.  If you want to
have fun, you can do that in any vehicle as long as you use some common
sense.

Dick Ryan (650)312-4022