Re: alignment

To: "Ray Cole" <raycole@mindspring.com>, <Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: alignment
From: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 22:36:00 -0800
Ray,

Are you running different tires on the two cars? I did not realize how much
difference it could make until I changed tires last week. Previously, I was
running  Nitto 175 80 14's but changed up to Eagle HP 195 60 14's.
The handling improvement was expected as well as the harsher ride. What was
not expected was the increase sensitivity and the decrease in apparent
steering effort.

Before the change, my car was like your 1600. Now it feels more like what
you described for your 2000.

maybe you could try swapping tires.

I can't tell by your post which car you'd like to adjust. IMOHO, I really
like the way my car handles and steers now over what I was feeling before.
It rides now like a tight sports car.

Victor Laury
70 2000
Los Angeles