Speedo Gears

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Speedo Gears
From: jschmi7@us.ibm.com
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 07:52:33 -0600
I have 60 series tires and wanted to change my speedo gear to bring the
speedometer close to reality.  I found 2 things.
1- the Nissan Motorsports catalog of gears is confusing.  The asterisks
indicates  that 18-20 tooth gears use the stock sleeve.      Not true,
16-19 do.  Also Nissans book at the dealer has a different listing showing
16-20 use the stock sleeve.
2-Nissan carries all of the gears but the sleeve for 20-23 tooth gears
refers to the stock sleeve.  Meaning you cant use the 20     thru 23 tooth
gear.  Unless you call Dean at Fairlady who has the other sleeve.

John Schmitt    Telecommuter External # - 847-658-7074; Tieline - 698-9887
   Internal phonemail only  -  tl-348-4725 or 240-4725      pager pin#
8710561