more paint confusion

To: a roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: more paint confusion
From: Toby B <toby@wolfenet.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 00:52:23 -0800
No, Scott,
        use the foam BUFFING pads for BUFFING, not painting!  Use the spray gun
for PAINTING! <grin>    I can't imagine trying to paint with wool, no
matter how you use it... and there's a car down the street that's been
Martha Stewarted with a foam roller that had a pattern cut into it.
Borders... on a car?
        But yes, I tried the foam applicators for priming seams, and they last
about 3 feet of seam!  Not exactly worth it.
Toby
Talking about polish, not paint

clockmkr wrote:

> I don't know about you guys, but when I tried a foam pad the paint just
>melted it.
> Let alone last 4 or 5 cars. As for a wool pad, It will probably get a lot of
>lint in
> the finish. Your best bet it to get a good natural bristle brush when
>painting your
 I would definitely use tape if using a roller though