Re: paint options

To: Gleeson.M@prodigy.com, gconclio@pulsenet.com,
Subject: Re: paint options
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 23:37:39 EST
In a message dated 08-03-99 11:28:17 PM EST, Gleeson.M@prodigy.com writes:

<< I like PPG also.  Went 2 stage w/ DBCW on my Nova last fall w/
 DCU2001 clear.  Good quality stuff.  Ditto w/ Toby on practicing.
 Also, cutting the paint (ie buffing) after it's sprayed is, I think,
 second to prep in importance in the whole process.  I paid a guy $125
 on the side who does it professionally and was the best investment I
 made.  Once you've burned through an edge accidentally w/ a buffer
 the skill a pro has becomes easy to see.  M

Hello,

I too like PPG.  And in regards to polishing/buffing, it is best to use the 3M
masking tape on the edges so that you dont accidentally burned down the paint.
Overbuffing is very easily done with fresh paint.  I also agree to using a
professional.

Michael "Calspeed" Carion
67.5 SRL000248 Solex (In the process of getting fresh Sora Blue Paint)
San Francisco, Ca