Clocks

To: Datsun Roadsters - Post List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Clocks
From: jhatfield@cavemen.net (William Hatfield)
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 1999 20:53:16 -0700
I noticed the question about clocks and am wondering if the motor is
really bad.  My clock has quit a few times over the years , but all it
ever needed was a cleaning and oiling.  These are tough little motors,
that are wound to stand being held at a stop with power on (this will
fry most motors in short order).  I had mine checked by an  electricain
, with a meter, and he said it was bad, not so.  The clock it's self is
a simple wind up type so any repairman should be able to fix this part
of it.  You should be able to find someone in Hemmings as I've seen ads
there for gauge repair.   Later Bill