B-camshaft questions

To: "Datsun Roadster" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: B-camshaft questions
From: "ken pletcher" <pletch@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 13:19:13 -0800
My 69 2000 has a B-cam and 2 lobes are begining to wear.  I just bought new
rockers and B-cam and here is the problem.  It sounds like one valve is
adjusted to loose,I have them all adjusted very snug at 0.20 intake and
0.30 exhaust when hot.  My other cam did not have this problem,one thing I
did notice is that the old rocker arms have B marked in each and my new ones
don't. Are there different rockers for the B-cam?

  The performance seems to have improved, I was able to go about 122 mph at
5,600 rpm while the old cam got me up to 115mph at 5,100rpm.
Any advise other than stop speeding would be appreciated.
     Ken
DATSTER