Re: Before I get Flamed...Topless

To: "David E. Wilson" <david_e_wilson@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Before I get Flamed...Topless
From: Jim Tyler <jtyler29@idt.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 20:26:49 -0800
David E. Wilson wrote:

> I lived in Atlanta at the time so I heard about a company called Topless
> Datsun (Jim Tyler). I bought a zillion parts from Jim and his wife at
> much lower prices than Rallye.

Thanks very much for your previous and continued support David and all
the rest!

Before somebody starts a Flame Topless thread, let me first apologize to
any that may have been dissatisfied with our services over the years.

As many of you know we are only a tiny little outfit and what started
as 90% business/10% hobby has been forced to about 50/50 with much
less time for either.  Ever increasing responsibilities at my real
job and two young daughters now consume what used to be roadster time.
Such is life.

It is clear that all of the suppliers have their idiosyncracies
(hours/ATTITUDE/inventory/prices) (For me it is almost impossible to
be by the phone at normal hours anymore so I have to depend on email),
but I am SURE none of us are getting rich at it!
The profit margins are slim, competition is much tougher than you
might think, and just normal costs of business eat up the bulk of the
profits.   Of course many of us foolishly invest into additional
inventory etc, just perpetuating the merry-go-round.

I think the thing we all have in common is a true affection for these
little cars and a desire to keep them running.  I would reccomend that
we all try to keep it fun, because if it isn't, believe me there aren't
many reasons to play...

Thanks again,
Jim Tyler
Topless Datsun

As Winnie the Pooh once said: It all comes from loving honey
(eh-roadsters) too much.