Re: Rallye Flamers

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rallye Flamers
From: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 17:21:27 -0800
Yes!
I know that I started this, but it's not turning out the way I intended!
What I really wanted to do was bring Rallye's attention to the fact that
they had a captive audience here that their competition was making full use
of and that they would be more than welcome to participate.

I've re-read my first letter that started this and I must admit it's written
poorly and has an aggressive ring. OK, I'm not the Shakespeare of the Datsun
list. This is not the first time that I've inadvertently offended some one.
It's not even the first time on this list!

It was well put by a fellow list'er (listite?) that we all are a bent bunch.
This is a fact that we've all admitted to! This case is not the first vendor
to be accused of this either! But, we all know, twisted as we are, that we
are a community. And every one in this twisted roadster cult, is a valuable
member and brother.

I do not want to lose Rallye! I've admitted ignorance and have come to
accept their worth.  To have ALL those NOS parts in one, safe place, even if
they do cost more, is a comfort. The general consensus is that if you don't
have a Rallye catalog, you REALLY should. It may be difficult to obtain but
truly valuable thing are usually rare. The folks at Rallye may be hard to
deal with. They love Datsun Roadsters. That fact is enough for me.