Re: U20 crank regrind

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: U20 crank regrind
From: walter@omni.sps.mot.com (Thomas Walter)
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 99 10:08:09 CST
Fred,

On the U20's, #3 rod journal is the first to go!

I typcially replace the rod journals around 60K to 80K miles.
Quite simple to drop the pan and inspect them.

Take the crank to a decent machine shop, and they will be able
to tell you what is required.  Talk with your favorite roadster
parts supplier about what size bearings are available for the
crank.

On the connecting rod, maybe simplier to replace the offending
rod than machine it. Usually there are rod's to be found.

Cheers,

Tom