screws& tranny seal

To: Datsun Roadsters - Post List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: screws& tranny seal
From: jhatfield@cavemen.net (William Hatfield)
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 19:45:24 -0700
There is no reason that a rear tranny can't be replaced in the car, just
pry out the old one and tap in the new one.  It's best to use a soft
punch (aluminum,brass or a wood dowel ) rather than beating right on the
seal with a hammer.  Keep it straight and tap all around  untill it's
fully seated.  As to the other question  the screws in my 67 console are
10-32 round head phillips (4)  but I don't know if later cars used
metric.