Re: Exaust max size

To: stretch1@primenet.com
Subject: Re: Exaust max size
From: BERKEN@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 00:34:20 EST
In a message dated 2/24/99 5:23:47 PM Mountain Standard Time,
stretch1@primenet.com writes:

<< Can anyone tell me themax size of tubing that will fit through the frame
 without rattling, squishing, cutting, etc?  It's a '70 1600.  While
 installing the headers I got at last solvang, I plan to replace all the
 piping etc.
 Scott

Scott,

I have 2" on mine (also 70 1600).  I am lucky to have a good muffler shop that
works for very reasonable prices.  He had to squash it down a little where it
goes through the frame holes, but it doesn't hit anything.  I don't think you
could get anything bigger on them without increasing the size of the holes in
the frame, and you might weaken it by doing that.

Joseph Berkenbile
70 1600
Albuquerque