Sandblasting. My $.02 worth.....

To: "Chris Brucciani" <Chris_Brucciani@mminet.com>
Subject: Sandblasting. My $.02 worth.....
From: "Ehinger, Lee" <76245.1056@CompuServe.COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 06:41:24 -0500
My $.02 worth.....

The nice part of a cabinet  is that you recirculate the media - pressure
will vary depending on media.... lower pressure for silica glass (basically
sand).  It comes in different weights or grits....heavier cuts quiker,
liter less so.  Heavier also "etches" the surface more.

I use a cabinet a work with a real fine media for alum. parts.  cleans them
up real well, with little etch or metal removed.

I have a roll around blaster....makes a #%#$%# of a mess and it gets
EVERYWHERE!( including in your ears, clothes, etc)  I have blasted the
frame / bottom of cars and the sand went everywhere in the garage and
car..... I will NEVER do it again....

Only way is to blast small parts in a cabinet, and take the big stuff to a
commercial place.  I plan on wire brushing my frame and bottom of my
roadster, then seal with POR 15.  I will still blast the small parts b4
painting.

Lee Ehinger
Ft Wayne IN
OROC