Crazy.

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Crazy.
From: frankr@hwcn.org (Frank Roggeband)
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 21:44:09 -0500
Hey,

Lay off on the 710. They may be funny looking but should never be included
with th F10 or the B210. The "Punkin" is always mistaken for a Javelin and
once for a Nova. Hunh? Several times a week the Punkin gets a note under
the wiper with the words "I want to buy your car" and a phone number
underneath. This could have something to do with the emission testing
that is to begin here in April.

Crazy?

How about turning down an offer of $3000 from a Nissan dealer in 1986 for
my previous 510? The beautiful wagon pictured on my home page.

How about buying an orange 710 with 18K miles on it only because it came
with three truckloads of parts courtesy of a 94 year old man who became
obsessive about making his departed wife's car last forever?

How about trading that 710 for a Hyundai Pony!? It remained in the family.

How about driving that same 710 to Mexico City in 1993? They turned us back
at the border when we didn't have "$1500 CASH for when the car dies half way
across the U.S. and you'll have to buy a 'decent' car to come home in". I
should have recieved some sort of award after that incident. I kept my mouth
shut and avoided being held at gunpoint. Never tell U.S. Customs that they
are full of sh*t among other things. Damn, we should have sent them a
postcard or at least a photo of the Punkin battling it out with the Mexican
traffic as we toured the "Zone". Anyone who has been to the suburbs will
understand this and agree that I am certifiable.

How about driving 200 miles at <50mph towing a 510 that I paid way too much
for? The white sedan also on my homepage. Bias ply snow tires on the car and
radial tires on the tow dolly make a long drive real interesting. Or is that
an interesting drive real long?

How about being the first to answer and ad for a 67 Datsun Roadster and
showing up less than an hour later with some money for a deposit without
even seeing the car? Then seeing the car and still wanting it?

I'll stop now, this could get very long. Hey, I got to go now.............
...... someone just drove up.

--
Frank Roggeband  |  67.5-1600, 69-1600, 69-510, 75-710, 93-KingCab
Grimsby Ontario  |  Home Page-->http://www.hwcn.org/~ae845/Profile.html