Re: Wire wheels

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wire wheels
From: nalevine@dcn.davis.ca.us
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 13:59:57 -0800 (PST)
In 1988 I put 15x7 Riken STX wheels with 195/60R15's Riken tires on my '66
1600. I had to put some spring lifts on the back springs to reduce the
rubbing.  It still will rub on turns up an incline as mentioned although
this isn't a big deal.  Perhaps I would go with a slightly smaller
tire/wheel combination next time. See if you can try the combo before you
buy.  Haven't heard much about Riken tires before this, anyone else using
them?  Any comments?  Mine are still in good shape with about 10000 miles.

Neil Levine
1966 SPL311-06576

>To the question about wire wheels.  I put 15" wire wheels on my roadster
>in 94 (Roadster brand)  with 195/60 tires(Riken).  The clearance is
>close and I don't know if 205/60 will clear everything.  You would have
>to try them to see.  The left rear tire will rub slightly with the
>195/60s on a right turn up an incline such as a driveway entrance.
>Bill

Neil Levine
Voice 530 758-4143