510's <non-Roadster>

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: 510's <non-Roadster>
From: Dave Lum <davelum@datsuns.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 20:08:13 -0800
510 (pron FIVE TEN), aka "Dime", as in Five (5)and Dime(10), as in it will
nickel and DIME you to death. As in a Dime is equivalent in the numerical value
of the owners common sense on a scale where 100 is maximum. As in "What is
that? A FIAT!?!?". As in you can draw it using straight lines only. As in in
1968 it was ahead of it time with an OHC engine and indepenent rear suspension
in an ECONOMY car. Tran Am champ against BMW and Alpha in '71 and '72, and
(Like Roadsters) still competitave today (Cant 't say that about the 610 or 710
that came later).

Ok, I'm done :-)

Dave
'71 510