Watkins Glen

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, nturi@otw.com
Subject: Watkins Glen
From: SGHT@aol.com
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 01:16:44 EST
Nick,
You did not say where you were coming from and I don't find you listed in the
Roadster Registry.
 If you are coming from east or west, the best way is NY Thruway (90) to
Geneva (Exit 42) and then south on 14 to Watkins Glen. Thruway exit to Watkins
Glen is about 45 minutes. If you are coming from the South, get up to Route 17
- then to Elmira - then north on 14 to Watkins Glen.
Charlie Ellis must have a very fast car as he stated "Watkins Glen is about 30
min south of Utica." The mileage is about 130 miles! What do you drive
Charlie? I want one and do not even care about the color!
The HSR races are June 4 - 6, and the SVRA races are September 10 - 12. The
camping at the track is good - there is a regular area as well as a family
area (with noise restrictions). There are also KOA campgrounds nearby, as well
as private ones.
My partner Barry Brown and I have run our 1600 GP roadster the past two years
in the SVRA events, and had great fun! Last year we had 2 1600s and a 1500
racing. I know we and the 1500 will be back for both weekends and there are
several others working on cars with plans to run also!
Do come - it is a ball. Look us up - #39 (white, blue and red, like BRE cars)
as we always have fun with the great roadster guys, and love the support! What
a thrill to dive into the toe of the boot and have a crowd of roadsterites
cheering us on!
We are also building a wild street roadster which we will have with us - NOT a
1600!!
See you at the Glen.
Keep your eyes on your mirrors in case Charlie comes up behind you! Sorry
Charlie - had to do it!
Sam Turner
#39 GP  1600
SGHT@aol.com