Re: (no subject)

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: (no subject)
From: Gordon Glasgow <glasgow@serv.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 19:21:57 -0800
At 12:33 PM 2/14/99 EST, DaBrood420@aol.com wrote:
>I have been looking for a roadster for awhile, I finally found one locally, a
>1500.  They are kinda rare here in Michigan.  It is in tough shape but I
think
>with enough MONEY and time it could be on the road again.  The question i
have
>is this.  The engine that was original in the car was pulled and was in the
>process of being rebuilt.  Heads are done and all the parts are there, but
>someone stole the engine block.  The guy selling the car has a rebuilt 240 Z
>engine w/trans and drive shaft that he is throwing in the deal.  He is
>suggesting that I just try to put the Z engine in the roadster.  My gut
>feeling is to try and sell the z engine and get the parts for the roadster
>original engine.  Would the z engine even fit in the roadster or is that just
>opening up another set of problems?

That's a REAL can of worms, and I wouldn't open it (IMHO). I know it's been
done at least once, but on the 1500 you are also faced with 13" wheels and
undersized brakes. The 1500 is too rare to butcher it with this kind of
project. See if one of the roadster suppliers can come up with a 1500
block, or just put a 1600 (R16) in it.
Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA
http://www.gordon-glasgow.org