Re: 1500

To: "datsun-roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1500
From: shifty <shifty@well.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 10:42:31 -0800
Dave,

A 240 motor in a roadster has been done, (by Robert Rosenberg, IIRC) but
it's a tight fit.

I'd try to use a 1600 motor, an R16 to replace that G motor. I'm not sure
how many 1500 parts you could use to try to make it look like the
original. Joe Roach in San Diego has a very nice 1500 that is powered by
an R16.

I'd go with the later tranny too, syncromesh in first gear is a wonderful
thing (R has it, G doesn't.)

Leigh Brooks
San Francisco
'64 1500 4-SPL310-001587