Re: roadster sighting(sort of)

To: glasgow@serv.net
Subject: Re: roadster sighting(sort of)
From: BERKEN@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 21:37:08 EST
In a message dated 2/4/99 1:24:17 AM Mountain Standard Time, glasgow@serv.net
writes:

<< thing is UGLY! The article said that the reaction to the car was very
 >positive.(huh?!) Am i just getting too old or what? If this car is
 supposed to
 >save Nissan, I think they are in BIG trouble.

 Yeah, I agree. It's in the new Road&Track. As they mentioned, the rear
 looks a bit 944-ish. The biggest bummer for me is that it is based on the
 240SX, with that same old KA24 washing-machine engine. Geez, Nissan, get in
 the game! At least put a twin-cam with balance shafts in it, or even the
 SR20DET. The 240SX looks better than the Z. The only good news is the price
 of mid-20K. I can only hope it looks better in person.
 Gordon Glasgow
 Renton, WA
 http://www.gordon-glasgow.org

Gordon and all,

I've seen two different groups of photos of it and I agree, it's homely.  I
really hope they hire a stylist before releasing it to the public.

Joseph