Re: roadster sighting(sort of)

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: roadster sighting(sort of)
From: Gordon Glasgow <glasgow@serv.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 21:19:51 -0800
At 02:52 PM 2/3/99 EST, KCook94722@aol.com wrote:
>On another subject, I finally got a look at the new Z-car prototype, JEEZ
that
>thing is UGLY! The article said that the reaction to the car was very
>positive.(huh?!) Am i just getting too old or what? If this car is
supposed to
>save Nissan, I think they are in BIG trouble.

Yeah, I agree. It's in the new Road&Track. As they mentioned, the rear
looks a bit 944-ish. The biggest bummer for me is that it is based on the
240SX, with that same old KA24 washing-machine engine. Geez, Nissan, get in
the game! At least put a twin-cam with balance shafts in it, or even the
SR20DET. The 240SX looks better than the Z. The only good news is the price
of mid-20K. I can only hope it looks better in person.
Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA
http://www.gordon-glasgow.org