SUs and Solexes

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: SUs and Solexes
From: thorn <thorn@sonic.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 15:02:29 -0800
Well...after having driven SUs for years and SOlexes for years...I enjoy
the SU ride and don't often (have to) get "jiggy" with the throttle.

The Solexes are thrilling! And that's why i usually pull the roadster outa
the garage, for FUN TIME!

Besides they sound SO darn good!

When tuning them though...if one has weak motor mounts (old rubber), and
goes far off adjustment and sync, it'll rip those baby's quick.

I agree that SUs are less trouble, but they also have problematic throttle
bushings, that must be dealt with to get smooth and efficient.

thorn.