Stumble at 3000 rpm's

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Stumble at 3000 rpm's
From: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 11:56:13 -0800 (PST)
Hello All,
        I noticed something odd about my baby on Sat.  Chasing MIke
Carrion in his 67.5 solex I seem tohave a stumble around 3000rpm?? Its
been so long since I have hot footed the car as much as I did this weekend
(highly reccomended) that I can not remember if it was always there?
Though I do not think so. The car seems to stumble  when I am in third
at about 2500 and floor it. Right around 3000rpm up to almost 4000rpm the
engine is kinda, I dont know stumbling. It does not sound like its running
as smooth and the power seems less. But then at 4000rpm's it starts pulling
hard again all the way up to as high as I want to take it.
        Is this just how they work??  The car is stock besides the fancy
alt. and has the smog spec dist. still.

                Daniel 69 2000