BMW solex carbs

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: BMW solex carbs
From: "DON BOYD, JOAN IKOMA" <dbji@whidbey.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 20:18:16 -0800
The solex carbs used on the euro BMW's are compleatly different than the
Datsun versions. These were only used on 2000ti , 1800ti and 1602ti models,
none of which were imported to the states. However ,many were brought in by
private parties.  Having worked on both, you want the japanese carbs. The
bimmer carbs are now getting very hard to get parts for. The very early jap
solex carbs had more in common with the euro one's but I believe(am not
sure since I haven't worked on these carbs) nothing interchanges. Does
anyone know when the changover to the new style mikuni solexes happened?
Also, since I'm a BMW fanatic too, does your friend want to sell his set?

Don Boyd
dbji@whidbey.net