Re: Misc. Questions

To: BERKEN@aol.com
Subject: Re: Misc. Questions
From: Toby B <toby@wolfenet.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 10:21:55 -0800
Hmmm,
        There's not very much slop, compared to big ol' American cars.  On the
later cars at least, Nissan got the tolerances pretty close (1/8",
maybe).  Actually, I'd also suspect suspension damage, and check out the
front end.  THe frame is pretty beefy, and a hit hard enough to move the
frame and not the body would cause all sorts of suspension point
damage.  I had a bent upper a-arm and it moved the wheel back an inch.
THe car handled like a pig, too...
        A bent and repaired fender would do it...
        Also- wheels!  It sounds silly, but if the wheel offset is different,
that would do it too...
        Use a measuring tape, and you'll soon find the mismatch.
Toby