Re: dist. modern or original

To: datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: dist. modern or original
From: GOAVP@aol.com
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 19:49:02 EST
I have the petronix unit in my distributor.  I have not been completely happy
with the quality.  The pick up unit tended to move in and out causing
fluctuations is timing before a mechanic fixed it (with a hammer).  I don't
think the unit adds to power, or even smoother running compared to a properly
tuned set of points.  It does seem to help with cold starts.  I have had no
trouble with cold starts this winter, despite the terrible cold we have had to
suffer here in California (sorry to bring it up again).

Peter van der Pas
Mtn. View, CA