dist. modern or original

To: datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: dist. modern or original
From: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 11:55:57 -0800 (PST)
HI All,
        Wow first day back at work in a while...yuck

        I would like to solicit opinons on dist.  I am thinking that
my stock 30yr old smog dist is on the way out.  What shouldI replace it with??
I sotck no-smog dist from a earlier 1600?  Or what about a new fancy electronic
dist??  I kinda like the idea of not having to deal with points and getting
rid of the resistor. For some reason it bugs me that the voltage gets dropped
beforethe coil.  I want the full power available to spark my gass.
        SO if my dist is wearing out does it make sense to spend the extra
~100 bucks and get the fancy dist. that "Mr. datsun.com" <jk> sells??
        I do not really believe that its going to add horse power but I am h
hoping that it will be more dependable and maybe make the car run a little
smoother.
                Daniel 69 2000