Standard or Metric, Yes

To: datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Standard or Metric, Yes
From: Jim Tyler <jtyler29@idt.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 1999 13:30:49 -0800
So I gotta know?? Are our cars put toghether with standard or
metric screws-nuts-bolts??  I thought they were all metric, coming from
Japan and all..But I think that whenever I go to buy a replacement bolt
it always ends up being an american standard fitting??  Whats going on??

>                  Daniel 69 2000
>
> Pre 67.5 all SAE.

The 3-main engine and cars are pretty much all SAE.  There may
be some exceptions like the little dash screws etc.  But the vast
majority are SAE.

All the 5-main drivetrains are Metric; 1600 and 2000.  (67.5-70)
However, the body, frame, susp etc are still SAE for the vast majority
of fasteners.  Again there are exceptions ex. some dash, instrument
fasteners.  Also the striker plate bolts (in the door jamb,
that the latch on the door engages is held on by metric bolts).
Other oddballs.

So the answer is yes, our cars are held together by metric or SAE
fasteners!

Jim Tyler