Re: Lotus 11 on eBay

To: "Wells, Bob" <wells.b@portseattle.org>
Subject: Re: Lotus 11 on eBay
From: Mike Causer <mikec@dial.drakken.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 22:49:51 +0000 (GMT)
On Fri, 28 Jan 2000, Wells, Bob wrote:

> from the eBay auction site <www.ebay.com>, item no. 246089200:

> climax engine.  Apart for restoration.  $29,000.  For more information cal
> (831) 388-8205 or cell (415) 515-7479.  Can e-mail photos. <<<

Dunno about you, but I'd want to kick the tyres and count the rivets before
buying a complete (or incomplete) car at auction.  I've noticed recently
that there's an Elan at $29K (may be wrong price), and an Esprit V8 at
$50k, neither of which had attracted bids when I last looked.

And how on earth has a paperback copy of Jim Clark at the Wheel climbed to
over $60 when I bought a copy from the USA for $4 last week?  Postage was
another $5, but what the hell.

Speaking of auctions, it looks as if the "submarine" Esprit is going to be
offered at Coys London sale in March.  Together with a Hailwood Honda,
<Homer> Yooowwwlllll </Homer>.

Mike
--
Mike Causer                  Personal Email:  mailto:mikec@dial.drakken.com