Re: Total number of TC engines

To: mikec@dial.drakken.com
Subject: Re: Total number of TC engines
From: rodbean@ix.netcom.com
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 05:44:51 -0700
Mike Causer wrote:

> rodbean@ix.netcom.com wrote:
>
> > 7000 Cortinas?  There were about 2500 Lotus Cortinas.  The others would
> > have pushrod engines.
>
> Ah Rod, you forgot the Mark II Cortinas.  And Jeff missed out the Twincam
> Escort come to think of it.
>
> There really is a huge mystery here anyway -- where did all those Twincam
> engines go?   Either they never made as many as claimed, or there is an
> aircraft hanger still piled high with them even now.
>
> Mike

Yes, I did miss the Mk. II.  This is a silly error I would typically be the
one to point out because it is commonly overlooked here in the US where we
didn't get too many of those (let alone TC Escorts... or any Escorts for
that matter).

As for the missing TCs, please keep your ear to the ground.  Maybe the
phantom owner of the stockpile will own up some day.

Rod