Re: LotusElan.net (rwd) is one month old!!!!!

To: Jeff Cocking <jeff@cocking.com>
Subject: Re: LotusElan.net (rwd) is one month old!!!!!
From: rodbean@ix.netcom.com
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 1999 15:29:15 -0700
Jeff Cocking wrote:

> Today, we finished the first month of existence for http://LotusElan.net.
> We have had the typical technical teething pains as with any new application
> with various software and hardware problems.
>
> Even with some problems, we have had 2400 visitors with 1400 unique visitors
> in 30 days.  This amounts to about 80 visitors a day.  We are just beginning
> to get good placement with the search engines, so hopefully the traffic will
> continue to increase.
>
> We have had 58 cars register.  This includes every make and model from an
> early S1 (26/0134) to a late Sprint/5 (73080097H), and with a 26R.  A few
> Plus 2's have registered, but with an active Plus 2 registry, that is
> understandable.  We have spanned the globe with the registry.  Countries to
> date include:  Australia, Barbados, Canada, France, Ireland, Netherlands,
> New Zealand, Philippines, Switzerland, UK and the US.  The registry includes
> a brief description of the car.  If you have not registered, come on down.
>
> Once a month, I will send out a notice of What's New.  All items submitted
> are placed on the site.  (Yes I have a stack waiting to be placed on the
> site, so if you do not see your submittal, I am working on it.)  If you have
> any items that relate to the Elan and would like to submit them, contact me
> or send them to me.
>
> That is it for now.  Happy Lotusing!!!
>
> jeff

Has it been only a month???  You've done so much with the site in that time
that I would have thought it was more like three months.

Have I thanked you today for doing this?  Elan fans are responding just as I'd
have guessed.  It really is terrific to have a site dedicated to this amazing
car.

I have a huge collection of Lotus-abilia and especially Elan stuff.  I plan to
scan some articles and other information I've never seen anywhere else and send
it to you.  I haven't had time to set up my scanner, etc.

Meanwhile, keep up the good work, Jeff!

Rod