Re: lotus elan

To: "fred23" <fred23@gte.net>
Subject: Re: lotus elan
From: "A. Sta. Maria" <atocha@globe.com.ph>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 13:11:05 -0000
Hello Fred,

Tony Thompson sent me a 7/8" front sway bar.  He told me over the telephone
that the softer set-up at one time was good enough for a very competitive
car, but that he now uses much higher rates.  Did you get to read Tony
Dron's article (some ten years ago) on Tony Thompson's 26R?  Tony Dron felt
that the springing was too hard, but Tony Thompson tells me even harder
rates are now in order.  If you have not seen the article, I will be happy
to mail you a photocopy.

Tony Thompson offers a pedal box with the balance bar, if your 26R's has
gone missing.

I thought you might have a 23 as well.  I was meaning to ask you about the
23 suffix in uour email name.  What number is your 23, Fred?  Mine is
23/S/64, which used to belong to Ed Schaeffer of Arizona.  It is now in
Manila with no class to race in, but I do try to take it out on the track
and the local club does allow me to run with the other vintage racers (but
not place).

I have no other Lotus (I have an MG TC and the mid-engined Lancia Stratos,
with Ferrari V6, but I am really a Lotus buff).  The Elan has my hands full
at the moment.  During moments of weakness, I do consider perhaps an Eleven.
I like both the 41 and the 51; they really look like classic Lotus single
seaters.  Do you have the Cosworth in the 41?

Regards,

Andres
Lotus 23 and 45
Manila