Spridget->Elite->Europa->Seven?

To: chapman-era@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spridget->Elite->Europa->Seven?
From: "Matt Liggett" <mliggett-receive-chapman-era@elise.kiva.net>
Date: 10 May 1998 23:45:16 -0000
Howdy,

My name is Matt and I want a Seven.  I can't afford a Seven, so right now
I have a Midget which I bought a few years back for $900 and am fixing
up.  It's an affordable, practical, lightweight RWD sportscar.  In a
couple of years, I can probably sell it (in pretty nice shape) for $2k+.

I've been thinking lately of how I could get my Seven.  I don't want to
finance it.  I thought, maybe I could sell my Spridget, buy an Eclat or
Elite, fix that up, sell it, buy a Europa, etc, until I can afford to buy
a Seven.  I would drive each car a few (3-8) years on the way up.  Maybe
someday I could even sell the Seven to buy an Elise.

Questions:

Will I miss having a sportscar when I have the Eclat/Elite?  Do they feel
(relatively) big, slow and bulky?  I'm having trouble with a financial stepping
stone between Spridgets ($2-$3k max) and Europas ($6k on the bottom).

Does this seem feasible?
--
<mml@pobox.com>                                              Matt Liggett
                                  '60 Mini, '70 Midget, '89 SAAB 900t SPG