Re: [British-cars] It is urgent, please do respond

To: mason@postdiluvian.org
Subject: Re: [British-cars] It is urgent, please do respond
From: Aaron Whiteman <awhitema@panix.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 18:44:29 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 15 Feb 2011, StuCohen@aol.com wrote:

> Of course this would really only work if you happen to have a friend named
> Mark Creek. Could this be the dawn of a new type of micro-targeted spam?

Not just spam; this is fraud.

Mark's AOL account is more than likely comprimised and there is a good
chance it was used to send this message.  With online addressbooks,
it's pretty trivial to send emails as the victim to the victim's
contacts once you have access to the account.

It wouldn't be the first time I've seen it.

--
Aaron Whiteman
Pullman, Washington