Re: [British-cars] Transporting an engine

To: "Eric J Russell" <ejrussell@mebtel.net>, "Charlie & Ressie
Subject: Re: [British-cars] Transporting an engine
From: "Jeff Young" <jey@adobe.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 17:34:22 +0100
I agree that laying it on its side won't be an issue.  Be that as it
may, the whole comment about damaging external components has always led
me to transporting them upright anyway.  With the bellhousing ears on a
couple of 2x4's, and something else to block up the front, a single
ratchet strap across the top is usually sufficient.  Put a decent amount
of tension on the strap so the 2x4's don't slide around.

-- Jeff.