Re: How did we pick our Marque? and books when we were kids.

To: "James Lea" <clocks@midcoast.com>
Subject: Re: How did we pick our Marque? and books when we were kids.
From: philip ethier <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2006 15:10:42 -0600
== british-cars at autox.team.net supported in part by Fat Chance Garage
==    http://fatchancegarage.com

> My story reminds me of the book "The Red Car" which I only read a
> few years ago but highly recommend for any gear head raised in the
> fifties or sixties. Boy, did it bring back the memories. Cheers, JL

Funny you should mention that.  I got this book from the library
when  I was a kid.  Thought about it many times in the intervening
decades.

I just got the book "Motor oil for a car guy's soul" by Kevin
Clemens.  Chapter 2 is about this book.  Sure brought back memories.

Other books from my youth?
"The Red Red Roadster", which I actually fond after reading a
rewritten version in "Boy's Life" magazine.
"The Fast Green Car", which was a Morgan, and its sequel "Return to
racing", which shifted over to stock cars.
"Hot Rod" by Henry Gregor Felsen.  I have an autographed copy I got
when my parents took me to dinner with the author.

An adult book I read in those days was in my Dad's Readers Digest
Condensed Books:  "The Green Helmet".

I seem to remember reading the Stirling Moss book "All But My Life".

Others, of course, whose titles and authors I don't recall...

1962 TR4 CT2846L, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1993 Suburban, 1994 Miata
C package
pethier@isd.net
http://forum.mnautox.com/forums/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pethier