Re: Bleeding TR6 brakes

To: Kevin Brown <kbrown@csuhayward.edu>
Subject: Re: Bleeding TR6 brakes
From: David Scheidt <dmschei@attglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 22:57:56 -0500
On Aug 28, 2004, at 10:19 PM, Kevin Brown wrote:

> I ordered another hose from TRF which matched the original perfectly,
> but I'm still unable to get that one line bled out.  My guess is that
> I could have kinked one of the steel lines which connect to the
> flexible hose or that the Moss hose had metric threads when it should
> have had standard.  In either case, air seems to be able to make its
> way into the system.

I don't know what the the TR6 hoses are like, but many hoses have a
copper or aluminum crush washer on them.  If this is missing or
previously crushed, the hose won't seal.  They're most common where the
hose seals against a machined flat surface on the exterior of the
fitting, or cylinder or caliper.