Engine outlet hose for Lotus Europa

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Engine outlet hose for Lotus Europa
From: Gary Dunn <knowtree@aloha.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 00:36:28 -1000
I need a straight, 6" long radiator hose with different size ends. One end
ID is 1 1/4," the other is 1 3/8." The step should come in the center,
that would be 3" from either end.

Application is 1974 Lotus Europa Twin Cam Special engine outlet hose. For
some reason the outlet pipe (thermostat housing) is larger than the pipe
to the radiator.

I have checked all auto parts stores in town (NAPA, CarQuest, Checkers)
and the hoses they carry with that kind of stepdown have bends that make
them useless for this application, as the hose needs to be straight.

I am considering glueing a sleeve to the smaller pipe. Brazing would be
difficult, as the pipe would have to be out the car, requiring engine
removal. Is this a viable plan, and if so, what adhesive can you
recommend?

--