Re: Triumph 1500 Catalitic Converter caused fire

To: rick@reineman.com
Subject: Re: Triumph 1500 Catalitic Converter caused fire
From: Diane and Roland Dudley <csx2282@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 10:14:28 -0700
Since new headers were installed, it's possible there are some
leaks in the exhaust causing all this extra heat.  The first time I
started up my snake's freshly rebuilt motor, I fried some wiring
and melted some carpeting because of  header gasket leaks.
Air leaks in the exhaust can really heat things up.

Roland