Re: measuring piston rise

To: "Larry Colen" <lrcar@red4est.com>, "Bill Meyer" <wcameyer@msn.com>
Subject: Re: measuring piston rise
From: "Bob Nogueira" <nogera@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 23:51:49 -0600
Larry
      Just off the top of my head ( so it probably wouldn't work) but why
not remove the 'lifting pin and attach a wire to the piston with the wire
coming out of the lifting pin hole. The wire could run in a  tube that comes
back into the car. As the piston lifts the end of the wire would be pulled
into the tube. Measure the amount pulled into the tube  and you have the
piston lift . Preload the wire with a spring so it does not hold the piston
down .

By the way, Thanks everyone for the leads on the Muffler. I'm going to try
Barneys idea of a downward facing tip ( three weeks with the  guy in the
Yukon, you would have thought he'd mention the downward facing exhaust tip
at least once  (grin:) .

Also Barney, did you remove the Digital Photo web page when you changed
servers? I attempted refer someone to it and couldn't find it .

Bob Nogueira   (  Oh ..and ....Hi Tony!!!!)