Re: Anyone Remember Mr. Gibbons?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Anyone Remember Mr. Gibbons?
From: Norm <norm@nsdec.org>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 08:24:09 -0500
I too remember Ray.  One story he told made a lasting impression on me.
He had met someone in his area for the first time when (and I don't
remember who was who) he drove by Rays place with a Spridget IIRC covered
by a tarp and hidden behind a woodpile to avoid "neighborly" comments.
The man thought he recognized it for what it was and pulled in and they
started chatting on, among other things, on "how to spot vehicles from
quite a distance away" (credit: MP).  Then Ray said, "you know, there's a
barn off <somewhere> and one day I saw a rear bumper through a partly
open door and I think it was an Alfa Guiletta".  The man said, that's
mine, and the two agreed that they'd probably pretty well mined over the
area for interesting cars.  Sorry for mis-remembered details but as a
pretty adept car-spotter this tale struck a oft-tuned chord.  Norm (who
amazes or appalls people regularly with spots of cars a block up
sidestreets or down alleys)

--
Do not perform these tasks out of order:
1--Put your contacts in