classic car insurance

To: "'british-cars@autox.team.net'" <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: classic car insurance
From: Paul Garside <Paul.Garside@seagatesoftware.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 15:17:15 -0000
Jay Fishbein states:

 >1) No classic car company (that I am aware of ) offers insurance
 >protection for
 >any type of occasional use for transportation purposes, i.e.
 >shopping, going to
 >dinner, to the golf course, etc.

I think you must be talking about the USA, Jay, because classic car
insurance in the UK almost always covers regular use.

The car has to be over 15 years old, you have to supply photos to get
guaranteed value, and you state the mileage you want. Once you have done
this you can use the car just like any other car. They figure if you own a
Morris Minor, or even an E-type, you are less of a risk than the VTEC
brigade.

Keeps classic cars on the roads as daily drivers, which must be a good
thing.

Paul