Re: TR7 BFH#27-c

To: Eganb@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR7 BFH#27-c
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@scs.agilent.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 08:28:38 -0800 (PST)
You can torque dry or lubricated, but the torquing specs are different.
If the manual is unclear, check a source that gives dry and lubricated
torquing specs for the bolt size and grade.  Yes, you can over-torque
if you lubricate and torque to the dry spec.

BTW, a good reference source on this subject is Carroll Smith's NUTS,
BOLTS, FASTENERS AND PLUMBING HANDBOOK.  Smith's writing style can be
a bit overbearing at times, but he knows his stuff.

Roland