Re: XKs Unlimited Knock-off Wrench

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: XKs Unlimited Knock-off Wrench
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@scs.agilent.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 08:47:35 -0800 (PST)
One final comment on the knock-off wrench I was thinking about ordering.
This is the wooden version with "wings" you either grip by hand or tap
with a mallet.  Anyway, before placing an order I checked something that
should have been obvious, but hadn't occurred to me until
another list member brought it to my attention.  Do my knock-offs
protrude far enough for the wings of one of these wrenches to clear the
tires.  The answer is no.  In fact, my knock-offs are recessed slightly
relative to the fattest part of the tires.  This probably explains why I
occasionally whack the rim or tire while tightening/untightening with a
hammer.  Or maybe I'm just getting old.

There is another type of wrench that might work called an Eared Nut
Wrench.  From the crude illustration its single handle appears to be
offset from the part that grips the knock-off, but I'll need to verify
that first.

Thanks for the help.

Roland