Re: TR7 BFH#15

To: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>, Eganb@aol.com,
Subject: Re: TR7 BFH#15
From: Bob Hamilton <hamilton@accesswave.ca>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 21:15:46 -0300
Gents,

         Another good way is to fill the bushing and the area behind with
thick grease and then tap (hammer?) a bolt or rod just smaller than the
bushing into the bushing and it will pop the bushing out, usually.

Later,
Bob

At 04:41 PM 10/27/2000 -0500, Barney Gaylord wrote:
>At 03:58 PM 10/27/2000 EDT, Eganb@aol.com wrote:
> >I can't figure out how to get the flywheel bushing out, ....
>
>Measure bore of bushing.  Select thread tap next size larger.  Run tap into
>bushing.  Sometimes the bushing just comes out on the tap.  Otherwise
>remove tap, install bolt of same thread spec, and pull it out with a draw
>hammer (a.k.a. dent puller).  Quick and easy.
>
>Barney Gaylord
>1958 MGA with an attitude
>     http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg

Robert (Bob) A.C. Hamilton, Waverley, Nova Scotia, Canada
The Man of Many Sunbeams - Alpine, Drophead and Saloon 1953-1954
[Stable mates - 1973 Midget and 1968 M-B 280SE]
Home Page: www.navnet.net/~hamilton
BATANS Home Page: www.batans.ns.ca
E-Mail: hamilton@accesswave.ca