Re: TR7 BFH#15

To: "Barney Gaylord" <barneymg@ntsource.com>, <Eganb@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: TR7 BFH#15
From: "Neil Sherry" <neil@sherry02.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 22:56:37 +0100
There's an even quicker way that's also more fun. Find a bit of bar that is
a close fit in the bush (it's probably a convenient 1/2 inch). Now pack the
bore of the bushing with grease - as best you can until the bit of bar will
go into the bore about 1/4 inch. Now give the end of the bar a sharp whack
with a hammer - this should force the bush out by hydraulic action (whack it
hard - if you are too gentle the grease just goes up your sleeve!) Sometimes
a re-packing and a second whack is needed if the grease had too much air in
amongst it.

I have used this method when I have wanted to extract a bush for later use.

Neil