Re: B series run-on problem

To: marcel chichak <chichm@planet.eon.net>
Subject: Re: B series run-on problem
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2000 22:42:41 -0400
marcel chichak wrote:
> BMC B series engine with shallow dish pistons, modified head at 9.75:1, 270
> Piper cam, twin HS6 with K&N filters, Maniflow LCB, Hitachi electronic
> distributor. The power plant has about 2000 miles on it and I've been fine
> tuning it all that time. It now makes excellent HP, excellent MPG, about 30
> mi/imperial gallon but it simply will not stop running-on when shut off!

  You might consider the possibility that you have exceeded the
compression ratio the engine will perform well with. I didn't
catch the year of your car, but later MGBs have both a lower compression
ratio AND an anti run-on valve, both of which address that
problem.

  If you have an anti-runon valve, I would check that it is working,
if you don't, I would consider installing one.

  Obviously, use the best gas you can. My Midget will run on
unless I use Sunoco 94 or Pioneer 93. Even $5 of the wrong gas
to get me to the right gas station will cause run-on.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca