Re: Re:Johnny Lightning British Invasion!!

To: ARoman4047@aol.com
Subject: Re: Re:Johnny Lightning British Invasion!!
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 01:04:23 -0700
I went to Toys R Us today where they had all of the collection except for
the Frogeye.  Arrggh, the one that I *really* wanted.  I noticed that the
picture of the 1961 MGA 1500 Twin Cam on the accompanying card has wire
wheels.  Oops, it's not a twin cam.  What size engine was the twin cam
anyways?

The wheels on the actual car also seem to represent wires rather than the
disc wheels.  I don't think that the disk wheels were chromed anyways.
I also remember that the twin cam valve cover actually was split,
maybe even with plugs down the middle? The engine in the J.L. model
looks like a normal 'B' series engine to me.  So, I just want to warn folks,
that despite advertisement, it doesn't seem to be a twin cam.

The cars, however, are indeed cool.

   lrc

--
Million Monkey Software -
Our code sucks, but you should see this thing we wrote called Hamlet.